Powered By Blogger

Thursday 25 June 2009

Oooooh Baby!

I had a nice play with my lense baby yesterday and have to say it makes you look at things in a different way. Anyone who doesnt know what a lense baby is, its a selective focus lense that can make any point in a photo pin sharp while throwing everything else out of focus.
Like most things I have seen lense baby's being used in both amazing ways and utter rubbish ways. And just like when you look for video done by the D90 on Google, you will most likely have to wade through all the rubbish before you find anything amazing.
I love anything that means less photoshop! I love taking a photo as I used to in my days of film.
The Lense Baby means all your work is at the time of taking the photo, not in photoshop afterwards. Anything that can do this and also feed a photographers imagination can only be a good thing.
But beware, I remember a time my dad bought a load of filters for his cine camera and I have never seen so much overuse of filters in my life. He used them just for the sake of it and made every family video look like a really bad 80's pop video.
I'm sure he would do the same with photoshop if he ever went digital!

No comments: