Powered By Blogger

Thursday 3 July 2008

Tears of a clown (Soft Git)


I was editing one of my weddings until about midnight last night and as usual after I have finished I watched the slideshow along with music ect. I couldn't believe it! I actually started to well up a bit! Its such a romantic day a Wedding and even though a lot of marriages end these days (like mine did), that one day does need to be captured as its really the happiest day of a lot of peoples lives.

Its quite a responsibility for any photographer, and I will never understand couples that decide to just get a friend who has just done a bit of photography, rather than a professional photographer.

The digital age has caused this more than anything. Just having a look in our local paper in the wedding section, you rarely see the same photographers credited in each issue.

I'm pleased that even after around 15 years of doing weddings, I have not been a casualty due to so many so called photographer around.

I have also noticed that everybody seems to love photography now! I remember when I used to be on a night out about 10 years ago and I think sometimes I was the only one in a club with a camera.

Since digital, it seems everyone has a camera out with them. At weddings is where you see the amateur enthusiasts in full flow. Some of them have better cameras than me.

But as I keep going on about! I could do better on a funsnap! Funsnap, Funsnap FUUUNNNSNAAAAP!

No comments: