Powered By Blogger

Friday 27 June 2008

Lomography


The amount I bang on about taking good pictures on a funsnap you would think I would be shaking with glee and trawling the web for anything with the word lomo on it.


Instead, I really hate the name LOOOMMMMOOOOGRAPPHY! I dont even know why it bugs me so much.


I like the concept of taking good pictures on old camera's. Even good pictures with rubbish toy camera's. But what I dont like is people taking crap pictures with crap camera's. If you look at a lot of so called Lomo photography its all just a pile of cack! Its almost like if it looks crap then its lomo!!!! What a pile of old tosh!! Part of the theory behind lomo is not to think but just to shoot without taking time to compose the image. Balls!!!!! So when Tracey and Stacey go out on the piss with their little camera's they will come back with the best drunken Lomo Photography ever! After all they wont be composing anything, will they!

I had a camera once that was cheap and took a number of images in a sequence. It was plastic, the lense was cack but it was loads of fun to use.

This very camera is considered to be a lomo camera now! I think I just hate the thought of people thinking they are artistic because they just snap something they see and it will look cool because it looks so cack! I read one Lomo photographers philosophy that he doesnt compose his photo's but lets them compose themselves. It makes me want to weep when I hear crap like this.

So you Lomo ITES, call it what you want, but its still just a pile of horse nuts!!!!

And believe you me, any so called Lomo photo's you see that are good were composed just like us proper photographers do!
To sum up!!! I hate the name!!! I hate the philosophy!!! I hate people who think they are great photographers when they are not!!! HOWEVER........ I do love crappy cameras with a bit of character, wood, plastic, metal, I love them all when they are used well!


No comments: