Powered By Blogger

Thursday 12 February 2009

My Biggest Fan


As a Photographer its great to have fans and its lovely to have kind words. No matter how talented you are, there will always be times where you doubt yourself. Its only human nature to feel low sometimes no matter how much success you have.


There was a lovely lady who I was proud to call Nan. She never stopped telling me how much she loved my photography and she never stopped telling me how much she loved me.


She thought I was the best wedding photographer in the Lake District, the best wedding photographer in cumbria.


She thought I was the best wedding photographer in the world!!!

I gave her a copy of my book for Christmas and she was over the moon. "Nobody does it like you Paul" she would say. "Its the way you capture the expressions" She never stopped going on about how good it was.

Sadly she passed away recently and I cant help feeling a great loss now she has gone.

I never had Grandparents and she really became my only experience of having a grandmother.

She was always honest, and spoke her mind. For me to have such compliments from her was fantastic. She was under no obligation to love me either really. She just did, and told me every time I seen her.

I will miss her and her kind words very much.


No comments: