Powered By Blogger

Monday 16 February 2009

Wedding Photographers in the Cumbria and the Lake District


I often get people calling me up asking for prices. Usually nothing ever comes of these calls as most times all they seem to be doing is looking around for the cheapest price rather than the best photographer.

My advice to anyone looking for a wedding photographer is to check out all the wedding photographers in the area and narrow it down to 3 or 4 that you like. At this point you can find out if they are booked and how much they cost. You can then pick the one you think is the photographer for you.

Here is a website for you to look at pretty much all the wedding photographers in Cumbria,the Lake District and the surrounding areas.




My advice is to go through every photographer on there and pick the photographer that you personally like best.

It has never bothered me being amongst so many other photographers as it gives the client more choice rather than having to pick the first photographer that comes along.

Its quite funny seeing how cagey other photographers are at wedding fairs and how they dont speak to me. What are they worried about?

I welcome other photographers to look at my work and maybe be inspired to do better themselves. In the same way I look at other photographers and from time to time find something fantastic and inspiring.

I have my own style and if someone wants to book me they will because it is my style they love and want! If they prefer another photographers work then so be it. What is sad is when a customer doesnt care enough to even look through all the different photographers before they make a decision. I would rather I was compared to all the other photographers in my area and a client chooses their favourite even if it isn't me rather than someone going through the phone book and picking the cheapest.I have no problem with any other wedding photographers in this area and if anyone wants a chat or any advice I am always happy to give it. After around 15 years now as a wedding photographer and hundreds of weddings down the line I do have a great deal of experience to draw from.
So my message to all other wedding photographers in Cumbria and the lake district is this.
Do not fear me, do not be threatened! We photographers should come together and share our experiences and styles. That way we will all keep moving on to be the best we can possibly be.
I'm feeling the love baby!!!!

No comments: