Powered By Blogger

Saturday 1 September 2012

Fuji X100 My thoughts so far

Well I've had a good play with the fuji now and needless to say I love it.
In fact I wish I was out taking pictures with it right now.
I had a little trip to Blackpool with my daughter and got some great shots of her having fun.
I won't bore you by posting Many in here as I'll save those for Facebook.
However I have posted 3 shots below .
I have to say I feared the lense wouldn't be great for portraits with it being slightly wider than I'm used to but it's actually just right. It's a definate all purpose lense. Focusing too close to a subject was the only issue I came across as usually if my daughter ran up to me while I was snapping her portrait I would widen the zoom do she was still in focus. With no such setting on the x100 this did catch me out on occasions. However the positives of this great little camera by far out way this one problem. It's not a carry everywhere camera. My iPhone will always be that, but it is small enough to strap round your neck and forget about it if you knew you were going out to take some photos. This is the replacement for my Olympus Pen and the solid body makes it feel less of a toy than the Epl1. Saying that, I got some great shots with the Epl1 while I used it and I still think that's a great camera too. It just didn't feel like a great camera because of the build quality. Anyway have a look at the shots attached.

No comments: