Powered By Blogger

Sunday 27 April 2008

Be true to yourself!

My good freind Marcus Doyle was in the area and came to see me last night. It always amazes me how he can just stroll in like a traveling nomad, and even after months of never seeing eachother its as if he has just came from next door with a muffin basket and get the latest gossip.(That's a camp way of saying its as if he never left.)
The kids adore him and can be a right pain in the bum to him I'm sure. Beth,who is my 10 year old is fascinated by his bald head for some reason and can't stop touching it. Funny thing is, she is very shy with most people but she always looks forward to a suprise visit from the traveling Doyle. I have said this before but I just love the way he is uncompromising with his landscape work. He does them his way and that's it! Its hard for a wedding photographer to do things without compromise as the client gets so much choice. The only wedding photographer I know of that does it his way and that's it is Jeff Ascough. He doesn't give the bride and groom a choice of photo's for their album. Instead he chooses and they just receive the final product as he wanted it to be. After all its his art and why should he change it? Doyley once told me of a time he was asked to change something about one of his prints. Basicly they were asking him if he would print it a certain way rather than how he had. Of course the answer was a massive no! I'm sure you will agree its very cheeky to ask for an artist to change something about their art. Do you do this in a different size may be acceptable but that's about it. Although even then, the artist may have always meant the picture to be a certain size and would not wish to compromise on this.I think all photographers should be true to themselves and their art should not be dictated by anyone else.

No comments: