Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 8 April 2008

Whatever the weather





Ahhh the british weather! I must say that at most of my wedding last year it was raining as it did the year before. Last year though was a rubbish summer. It seemed to start too early and only lasted a month. After that it rained a lot of the suimmer. This meant that all those summer weddings were either entirely done indoors, or we just popped out briefly. The rain isn't my favourite for weddings but it never fills me with dread. Its my job to capture that day whatever the weather and here in the lakes its more likely to rain than not, even in the summer. As I've said before, I love the surprise on peoples faces when they see the photo's taken on one of those rainy days. They just can't believe there are so many superb pictures! People still think sunny weather means great photo's. I still take great photo's in sunny weather but its a lot harder at times as there is always much more contrast on a bright sunny day. I have seen so many other photographers crumble under the strain of worry about what the weather will be like. It simply doesn't matter to me. Still its April now and I do hope for the brides its a sunny summer this year. With a few clouds for my benefit!

No comments: