Powered By Blogger

Friday 4 April 2008

There he is!




So Jeff Ascough is my fave wedding photographer!
For me he captures the moments in low light situations in an amazing way. Have a look at his website and take a look for yourself. One thing which would make him more of a photographers hero would be if he hadn't changed to digital recently. The kit he was using before was amazing expensive leica rangefinders and super fast lenses. I can understand why he moved to digital otherwise I would still be using film myself. But I can't help envy people who still use film! I have always been close to returning to film and maybe I will for some personal projects.
I think I should make a point of doing this really. I think film is always going to haunt me if I don't use it even if its as well as digital. The leica gear that Jeff Ascough used to use, I would just love to have! The look and feel of a leica goes far beyond how it feels to be holding my digital slr. Don't get me wrong, I believe I could still do a better job than most if I shot a wedding on a fun snap disposable camera! I really should do that sometime! The equiptment is very important to photographers but the clients are not interested in such things. Mind you I would like to see a bride and grooms face if I pulled a funsnap out at their wedding. What an experiment that would be though! Maybe I should put an ad in the local paper asking for a couple to volanteer to take part in my little indulgance. Fun snap, its the future! Will talk more tomorrow!

No comments: