Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 14 April 2009

A City of High Flyers

I have been getting slightly annoyed with a new local magazine which I will not name just in case they sue my ass!!!
It portrays Carlisle as a City of High Flyers and Uber Cool people. It normally has articles on stuff like some guy with a sports car living in a penthouse suite along with Hello magazine style portraits. Its all so materialistic that it does nothing but make me angry!

The fact is, 90% of people in Carlisle are not like this. They are what I would class as normal people.

This takes me back to what I said about photographers concentrating far too much on the materials on a wedding day. The ever increasing amount of photo's of Jimmy Choo shoes!

I have nothing against people who put themselves forward as high flyers. I'm sure it is the magazine itself that asks to photograph them next to their sports car ect.

Maybe it seems I am Jealous of their expensive cars and Penthouse suites. Maybe there will be an article on me and my Ford Mondeo Estate and pictures of me in Heartbreak Hotel playing Mario Kart(The building which contains the flat I live in is nick named Heartbreak Hotel, as anyone who lives there has had a failed marriage!)

Or maybe I will use the picture below which portrays me as some kind of Pimpish Uber cool dude that drives a sports car and likes to read razzle and smoke cigarettes!

Truth be told, I neither own the Honda S2000 or the copy of Razzle and the real me wouldn't have a cigarrette hanging out of my mouth. I am just the none materialistic guy who refuses to pay more than £500.00 on a car.

I'm a guy who loves taking his children to the Zoo, gets far too excited over a new purchase of an ironing board or Tumble dryer.

I have my luxury's like most people, but none are so obvious like a sports car and I dont think I would be allowed into their club or the magazine.

I am a successful photographer, but I dont think this means I should pretend to be somebody I am not.

But if I did maybe the photo below is how they would show me in the magazine!

No comments: