Powered By Blogger

Monday 6 April 2009

Sun in Cumbria????

I was shooting a wedding yesterday and it has to be the first wedding in a long time that has had fantastic weather. It was at Dalston Hall and it was superb! The ceremony was held outdoors and I was hired to stay right through until the first dance. Once again on the evening it was a difficult task to capture moments without flash. I am still searching for a camera that is going to make my life easy in such dark atmosphere's. The Nikon d3 and D700 would do the job. But I think I would prefer the Canon 5d mkii.
Strangely the Nikon D90 didnt find it as easy as my old 20d did. To be honest I prefer Canons focusing system. I had to switch to manual focus as the D90 just didnt know what it was doing.
Regardless of this as usual I believe I have captured their whole day beautifully.
I also had a bit of a play with the D90's Movie function. I will be putting a little movie together as soon as I can and after the couple have seen the movie and their photographs I will post them on here for you to have a look at.
Don't worry I'm not turning into a Videographer! I just believe I am there to capture a wedding the best I can with the tools that I have. If this means just a little bit of candid movie to compliment my still photography then so be it. I really am going to have to invest in the 5d mkii just for the extra iso and the function that allows you to snap away while you are taking movie.
Maybe next month!!

No comments: