Powered By Blogger

Monday 20 April 2009

Greenhill Hotel at Wigton A Photographers View

Greenhill Hotel was one of the first venues I ever photographed a wedding at. I'm sure it must have been around 15 years ago. Its another venue that I tend to get booked to do weddings at quite a few times every year.
Its also a venue that I find incredibly easy to take photo's at. It has no lake near by or mountains but the grounds and the building itself provide more than enough backdrops for some great photography. I have also done many weddings here in extremely bad weather conditions and never struggled even at night to get the shots I needed. It is in my favourite wedding venues for this reason and the fact that the guy who looks after the weddings there is a pro! Its all fine having a venue that looks great, but without someone there who knows what they are doing, it can be useless. He is just such a nice guy and has been there for many years. There are some good sheltered spots here and the doorway makes sure that you can get the couple into some natural light without them getting wet or blown away! It has a great staircase with a big window for any closer portraits and the building is generally well lit while keeping a nice cosy atmosphere! I would imagine that there arn't many wedding photographers that haven't done a wedding at Greenhill Hotel as it is one of the most popular venues in the area.
Below is a little video of just a few photo's from Greenhills! I have put mainly indoors photo's on here just to show that its never the end of the world if the weather is not good.


No comments: