Powered By Blogger

Thursday 19 June 2008

For life not just for Christmas


It was quite a few years ago I decided I would like a tattoo. Rather than going to MIKES TATTOO's in Carlisle I figured I would go down to London and have an original design. My friend Mr Doyle told me he knew a guy very skilled in this art. Off I went to meet my good friend and he took me to quite a small flat where I was greeted by a Romanian girl and her boyfriend. I walked into the small room and was shown my design.The guy who looked like someone from limp bisquit then sat me down in an old chair and begun piercing my pink flesh as marcus received a massage from the romanian.I somehow appreciated how seedy all this seemed! Like I wasn't just getting a tattoo but I'd nearly died doing it. I asked obvious questions like how did you learn how to do tattoo's. He told me he started early practicing on pigs feet! I wondered secretly if the romanian girl had also practiced her massages on the same pigs feet. I also wondered if these were live pigs that he had tattooed and that on some farm the coolest tattooed pigs would compare their designs. After a few hours I was ready to sport my new body art! After posing for a photo with the now naked romanian I left! I think Mr Doyle was quite heavily into his nude work at the time and I asked no questions. So did I regret this experience and did I regret getting my tattoo? Well I returned a year later to get the other arm done, if that answers your question!

No comments: