Powered By Blogger

Monday 9 June 2008

Good ideas or just Good business ideas?



Its pretty well known that most photographers arnt the best at running a business. Most find it hard to stay true to their art without conforming to just trends that will bring in good revenue until the next trend comes along. I love doing weddings, but I have never followed any trend, as wedding photographs need to still be fresh in years to come. Luckily for me, without following trends I have managed to run a sucessful business for well over 10 years. I am also really good at doing portraits and this is a part of the business I should expand on really. I just find that there are so many gimmicks going on with portraiture, especially in Carlisle that it really puts me off making an effort to try and get that sort of business in. One nice little idea that's nothing new but someone has jumped on here in Carlisle is underwater babies. Basicly babies and children underwater. Our local press here goes crazy for stuff like that and they have received a nice bit of publicity for it. And it is capturing a special moment so I can appreciate it. I had thought about doing something similar myself. Too late now though!
I hope they get eaten by a shark!!!! Not really! Please don't complain! And well done to the photographer here in Carlisle thats doing it. Carlisle does need more than just the usual traditional portraits!

No comments: