Powered By Blogger

Thursday 5 June 2008

A Rabid Dog Story


The other day I almost thought my dog was going to be have to be put down for being some kind of mad dog.


As I was sitting watching Thats So Raven with my oldest daughter Beth the dog came in from being outside and was going crazy! Snarling and trying to bite everyone. Even when I tried to pick him up he tried to bite my hand. I have a flask with screws and nails in it, which I shake when he is being naughty as he hates the sound of it. In most cercumstances a couple of shakes would do it. This day however I felt he needed it shook until he stopped this terrible behaviour.


I managed to pick him up and I chucked him in his cage. I then continued to shake my home made dog repellent until he was wimpering in the corner of his cage.


This sounds cruel but I cant have a rabid dog that may bite the kids!


It was at this stage that I noticed a flash of blue on his left ear. On closer inspection I realised it was a large blue clothes peg!


I knew straight away who the guilty person would be. I called my 4 year old daughter inside and asked her if it was her that had Pegged the the Pooch!

She had a little smirk on her face and her silence was enough to reveal her guilt.

Imagine if the dog had been taken to be put down and just as the lethal injection pierced his flesh I saw the blue peg on his ear then!

The moral of the story? Keep Pegs and dogs out of reach of children!!!!

No comments: