Powered By Blogger

Thursday 12 June 2008

Man alive I know nothing about large format


I have been looking into maybe doing a portrait project on large format since my last post and I know nothing about what camera to try and get hold of, or what lense would be suitable for large format portraits. Its so far removed from what I have got used to and I would love to have a crack at it. I'm not interested in doing landscapes, just portrait. I understand it may be long exposures and also a narrow depth of field but that's about it. The sort of lense I would need would be something to do maybe waist up stuff and also some stuff to include a bit of the environment they are in for full length stuff. I don't mind vintage equiptment as long as it works! I don't want anything as crude as pinhole photography though! I don't want it that vintage! I also don't want it to cost much for the equiptment either! Am I asking too much? If any large format photographers are reading this and have a good idea of what I would need to get started please let me know.

No comments: