Powered By Blogger

Saturday 14 June 2008

If I had a Hammer I'd be a Carpenter


All this talk of large format, film, developer ect!!!! It may seem I hate digital! I don't at all. Digital has its place in my photography as do other formats. If I hated digital why would I want a GR Digital? A GR Digital would have a great place in my camera collection. You wouldn't see me on a family holiday lugging a medium or large format camera about otherwise they would interfere with my holiday experience. Nor would I carry my digital slr on me at all times as it just isn't practical! I use digital slr for my weddings because its the best tool for that job! I would sometimes even use the GR Digital at a wedding.
Put it this way, if I was a carpenter, I wouldn't use a saw to hammer a nail in!!! If all a carpenter did was hammer nails in, the only piece of kit he would use would be a hammer. Its the same with any photographer that does more than one type of photography project or commission. I do weddings, portraits, Architecture, still life, beauty! Its not a case of jack of all trades, master of none, its commissioned photography jobs and I use the correct tools for each type of job. When it comes to my own projects I do exactly the same thing. If I want the best results I will use the most suited camera/film/digital/whatever is best! I may have ranted off a bit but its only because someone spoke to me only yesterday saying I was stuck in my ways because I still love film. Yes I love film, but only for the right work. Hope that clears things up a bit. Now give me my fun snap back you whore!

No comments: